Regensburg University Hospital leads the field in research, teaching and patient care. We employ 4900 dedicated colleagues, who provide first-rate medical care for the whole of Eastern Bavaria. We offer cutting-edge medicine, and our top professionals have access to the latest and best equipment. We are committed to the highest level of medical and nursing care for our patients, and to a teamwork that respects and values our personnel.
The research project offers as part of the SFB960 “Ribosome formation: principles of RNP-biogenesis and control of their function” (www.sfb960.de) and Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology (www.graduate-academy.sfb960.de) an attractive education program for PhD students both for an academic and non-academic career. The SFB960 investigates the exciting field of biogenesis of ribonucleoprotein complexes (RNPs). The network is embedded in an ideal research infrastructure at the University of Regensburg and the University Hospital of Regensburg providing state-of-the-art technologies for biochemical, molecular, cell and systems biological research as well as bench-to-bedside translational approaches.
The PhD student will work in the research project B14 of SFB690, entitled “Biogenesis and Function of RNA Polymerase III transcript-derived piRNAs in Neuroblastoma” and headed by Dr. Tilman Heise and Dr. Gunhild Sommer. For more information about the research project please visit www.sfb960.de
• Excellent Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) in Biology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Molecular Medicine or a similar discipline
• Strong background in molecular and cell biology
• Dedication for basic research in modern life science particularly in RNA biology and cancer biology
• Team spirit, extraordinary motivation and the ability to work in highly competitive research fields
• The network is embedded in an ideal research infrastructure at the University of Regensburg and the University Hospital of Regensburg providing state-of-the-art technologies for biochemical, molecular, cell and systems biological research as well as bench-to-bedside translational approaches.
• A competitive international research environment at the University Hospital and the University of Regensburg
• An interdisciplinary and structured PhD program, including mentoring by an expert group (Biomedical International Graduate School (BioMediGS))
• Scientific seminars, workshops as well as career development and soft skill courses
• A friendly and team-oriented working atmosphere
The position is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and remunerated on the TV-L salary scale (TV-L13, 65%) for 3 years (with possible extension). Preference will be given to disabled applicants with equal qualifications (please, indicate disablement in your application). Unfortunately, expenses associated with a possible interview cannot be reimbursed.
The application deadline is January 30th, 2020. Please apply via https://www.ukrjobs.de/stellen/aerzte-wissenschaft and include a motivation letter, full CV, appropriate certificates and the names and contact information of two referees.
University Hospital Regensburg
Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation
Dr. Gunhild Sommer
Dr. Gunhild Sommer
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com